Wednesday 13 February 2013

Panic, plans and patches

I must of been lying when I said I wouldn't be going back to Asia for a while because on the 28th of this month at 1.30 pm I'll be taking off for India! I'll have 21 hours there before heading to Bangkok, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos all in only 5 weeks! 

6 countries in just 5 weeks may seem a little rushed and perhaps it is (I'll be on the move every 1-3 days) but things don't always end up how we planned them to just like how they're not really going to plan here recently either.

more...
Work short changed me by £150 this month, which means I've only got £100 for the first few days of my trip but I was able to do some begging and get them to agree to pay me early next month and these few hours in India have ended up costing me a lot more than I originally thought they would. Price and red tape varies depending on where you're from but all visitors to India require a visa regardless how long they stay. Silly me thought it would be available for free on arrival for Brits but only decided to check after I brought my flight and it's not, it's £66 in advance. I'm excited of course but the thought of being rejected and having to wait in an airport for 21 hours isn't my idea of a good time. Needless to say I'm feeling rather nervous about this trip, maybe I'll feel better once I know I have permission to enter India...

 It's funny how I feel so little fear about going off to some place new like India (not really I'm terrified!) but sometimes even the smallest of decisions like what to have for dinner can have me undecided for hours. As long as I can remember I've been obsessed with sew/iron on patches, I may ooh and ahhh when I spot a colourful bag covered in stickers or badges but I've always been concerned it might draw unnecessary attention or make me look like a show off. Anyway I finally took the plunge and brought a couple, there's obviously some places you certainly wouldn't want to be seen walking around with them on but for the most part when you're walking with a big bag on your back you stand out anyway, a few patches surely won't make a difference. As you can see I've decided to really let my hair down and be 'crazy' this year :D I can't wait to have a bag filled with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment